Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food
272 Water Street, Downtown St. John’s
Looking for a fun, team-driven environment where delivering quality products, great customer service and offering a warm, welcoming environment is paramount? Want to help grow our company with us? Then, Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food in downtown St. John’s may be just the place for you!
Rocket is seeking an operations manager to keep each of Rocket’s 5 divisions on track: the Bakery, the Fresh Food Café, Rocket Coffee, Rocket Catering and the Rocket Room Event Space.
You’re a super-organized and detail-oriented problem solver who thrives on seeing real business results; someone who loves systems and processes. You really enjoy people and working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment but have no problem holding staff and management accountable.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
The Operations Manager ensures:
- Rocket’s Culture: warm, inviting and welcoming while being highly organized behind the scenes with an eye to improving Rocket’s bottom line
- Product in Place: the right products are produced at the right time and are in the right place when we need them
- Human Resources: the right person is in the right position
- Health & Safety: systems and processes are in place to assure employee health & safety
- Continuous Improvement: always seeking to improve systems and protocols
What You’ve Got To Offer:
- Post-secondary education preferred but some combination of education and practical experience will be considered as an alternative
- 2+ years managerial experience in a related industry an asset
- Proficient in the following restaurant functions an asset: food planning, preparation and service, purchasing, company policies and procedures, personnel management, record keeping and preparation of reports
- Proficiency in Google Suite and knowledge of project management software such as Zoho required
- Experience working in a fast-paced, customer contact environment
- Ability to multitask, make sound decisions and think quickly on your feet
- Good leadership, communications, teaching and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team-driven environment, encouraging consensus and camaraderie
- A driver’s license and car are required
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive salary
- Fun, team environment
- Paid professional development
- 15 vacation days annually
- Opportunity to see your impact on our business
- Access to all the Rocket food your heart desires!
Think you got what it takes? Want to join the team? Click the link below or fire off an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply today!