“Since opening, Rocket has become a bustling but cozy community hub, from the French-influenced bakery offerings to the vintage building’s upstairs level, an active music and event space that has hosted such acts as The Once and the Weakerthans.” The National Post. Read the whole article here
Welcome to Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food! We’d like you to meet everyone who works here behind the scenes at Rocket! We’re a friendly, fun-loving bunch. Say hi the next time you’re in!
Did we say fun-lovin’?
Dave Hopley, Kelly Mansell, Mark McGann!
It took a group effort of family and friends to launch Rocket Bakery on March 31, 2011! Now a thriving business, Rocket’s owners Dave Hopley, Kelly Mansell and Mark McGann are looking forward to the intergalactic adventures the future holds for Rocket!
Our chef, Darryl Hammond, has been with us since Day One!
Sophie Blais, Operations Manager
Montréal native & mechanical engineer, Sophie Blais, keeps “all-systems-go” here at Rocket!
Bakery + Kitchen Staff
We are super proud of our gang behind the scenes! They make everything from scratch and are responsible for the Rocket Food that fans have come to love! Can’t get enough fish cakes? They scooped ’em! Need to start your morning with our cinnamon buns? They rolled ’em! Crave our sour dough breads? They baked ’em! They’re wicked!
Christina Mallay –
Christina Mallay is our super-friendly floor manager (and aspiring teacher!). Take a moment to chat with her about Rocket and you’re certain to leave with a smile on your face!
Our Rocket staff are the best! They’re ready to welcome you to our fun & flavourful café!
Hi Everyone! Make a visit to Rocket a part of your Regatta Day plans! All 3 locations will be open: Churchill Square, Rocket Water Street and Rocket Mt. Pearl! Or stop in on your way to the Regatta and put together a picnic! Here’s today’s menu, starting with dessert!
- Rocket’s FLAKIE is super popular with its homemade puff pastry and real whipped cream! Delectable! Lots of other goodies, too!
- Bacon Egg Cheddar, Tomato + Spinach on a Butter Croissant or Cheddar Green Onion Biscuit
- “The Rocket” Roast Chicken Sandwich
- Ham + Swiss w/ Cranberry Apple Relish Sandwich
- Rocket Hummus + Veggie Sandwich (V)
- Carrot Orange Ginger Soup (V + No Flour)
- Rocket’s Famous Fish Cakes
- Pad Thai-inspired Chickpea Salad, Pesto Presto Pasta Salad, Spinach Salad with Home-roasted Chicken, Rocket’s Nutty Topper and Basil Lime Dressing...
Hi Everyone! This is a perfect day to try one of our iced drinks! In addition to being able to ice any of our coffee offerings, we have our homemade lemonade (lightly sweetened), our Sloane Tea Company Crimson Berry Iced Tea which is non-caffeinated and unsweetened and, of course, Rocket’s cold brew made with our delicious medium roast from Social Coffee Roasters. Take our homemade lemonade and top it with Crimson Berry Iced Tea and you get our St. John’s Sunrise! It’s beautiful AND delicious and invented by our own Jasper Pritchard who’s last shift is today as he moves on to a new life in Nova Scotia! Thanks for everything and Bon Voyage, Jasper! ❤️
* Bacon Egg Cheddar Spinach + Tomato on our Butter...
* Bacon Egg Cheddar Spinach + Tomato on our Butter Croissant or Cheddar Green Onion Biscuit
* “The Rocket” Roast Chicken Sandwich
* Ham + Swiss w/ Partridgeberry Apple Relish Sandwich
* Rocket Hummus and Veggie Sandwich (V)
* Broccoli Salad with Tahini Maple Dressing (V + No Flour)
* Presto Pesto Pasta with Toasted Pine Nuts, Basil and Spinach
* Pad Thai-inspired Chickpea Salad
* Spinach Salad with Chicken, Nutty Topper and Basil Lime Dressing
* Famous Fish Cakes (No Flour)
* Carrot Orange Ginger Soup (V + No Flour)
* Blueberry Scones, Flakies, Apricot Pinwheels, Croissants, Cinnamon Buns, Cookies, Brownies, Macarons and more!
We have new, additional space at our Mt. Pearl location so there’s now plenty of seating!
Remember, you can skip the line and order ahead at: https://order.rocketbakery.store
Thanks, everyone! Kelly...
Hi Gang! Here’s today’s menu and a couple of shots of our morning’s ...
Hi Gang! Here’s today’s menu and a couple of shots of our morning’s baking! Hope to see you at one of our Rocket locations today:
Rocket Water Street (#292/294)
Rocket Mt. Pearl (46 Bannister St.)
Baby Rocket Churchill Square...
Come on in and try our new macaron flavours: pineapple, watermelon and ...
Hi Gang! Here’s today’s menu! Hope to see you down on Water Street’s pedestrian mall, at Mt. Pearl’s pedestrian mall in Centennial Square for Mt. Pearl Days or at Baby Rocket in Churchill Square! Kelly...